Ditch those rototillers. Guest Betsy Taylor describes the agricultural revolution to restore soil health. Healthy soil can sequester more carbon, improve crop yields, and support biodiversity and pollinators — a “no regrets strategy.” Urban dwellers can help too, by composting food scraps. Plus: Betsy comments on the Green New Deal and the power of faith, spirit, and community to build resilience and catalyze action.
Is there a way to tap our very deepest wisdom, our very deepest courage, at this planetary moment, to embrace what we’re being called to do? — Betsy Taylor
- Healthy Soils to Cool the Planet (by Breakthrough Strategies & Solutions)
- Project Drawdown
- Sunrise Movement / Green New Deal
- New Consensus
- Climate Change & Consciousness conference (videos and follow-up)
- Natural Climate Solutions Could Cancel Out a Fifth of U.S. Emissions, Study Finds
- Community Composting resources (ILSR)
- How to Compost (Eartheasy)
“Soil and Spirit” aired live on April 10th, 2019 as the fifth episode of Climate Seasons, Julie Hantman’s quarterly radio series on Takoma Radio WOWD 94.3 FM (Takoma Park, MD) with live-streaming at www.takomaradio.org.